Sunday, March 8, 2009

DIRECT FROM AADT: Introducing AADT Board 2008-2009...



Hello Alums!
Everyone in AADT calls me Jbling, but my real name is Jieliang. Next year, I will be a sophomore in Dunster house (if I passed my finals). I have seen every Youtube video ever uploaded. I eat more than half the boys at Harvard. I nap like it's my part-time job. And I follow Desperate Housewives religiously. Occasionally I dabble in drawing, painting and photography.

I knew I wanted to be in AADT since the pre-frosh activities fair. Dancing has always been my love. Growing up in China, I had Chinese dance lessons every weekend. After settling in Wisconsin, I started choreographing and teaching Chinese dance for my high school. I was thrilled to find AADT on campus, knowing that I could continue doing what I loved. Since then, I have grown to love AADT more with each day. It was everyone's dedication to the group, compassion for each other, and passion for dancing that encouraged me to run for captain. I cannot wait until next year and another fabulous EASTBOUND. Along with Tara, whom I love dearly already (see picture for evidence), I will give everything I have to make AADT a great experience for our dancers!

AADT love,
Jieliang Hao, Co-captain 2008-2009

Hi Alums!
My name is Tara Tai (hip-hop alias: "Tiny Packet of Fury"), a junior studying Neurobiology and absolutely enamored with my co-captain, Jieliang Hao. I've been with AADT since the beginning of my freshman year, even though I didn't really get into it until the end of EASTBOUND 2007. After an amazing first experience, I ran for IT/Design chair on a whim, and have been designing DVDs, sorting through costumes, and making random CVS runs ever since. I'm really excited for EASTBOUND 2009 next year, and hope to see not only EASTBOUND grow as a performance, but the troupe develop as well, both technically and socially. Just a bit about myself, I hail from a tiny town called Yardley back in lovely Pennsylvania. I actually never danced prior to AADT, and all my friends back home think I'm lying to them when I talk about dancing. I also love singing, playing the violin, making random animal noises, and playing nerdy video games. I am pre-med by default, but will probably end up trying to write novels in my parent's basement. Beyond that, look forward to next year to learn more!

AADT Love,
Tara Tai, Co-captain 2008-2009



Hi Alums!
I’ve always wanted to try out dancing and AADT gave me that chance. Since joining freshman year, it’s been one activity that I have consistently participated in during the past two years and I love it! It is such a great community with caring and energetic people. I find myself looking forward to dance rehearsals every week to see your happy faces. I’m very excited to be on board this year because every member of the board is truly dedicated to AADT and I can’t wait to be a part of the next chapter of this amazing troupe =)

Ang Li, Social Chair 2008-2009



Hi AADT and alums,
I’m the new Design/IT Chair. Dancing with AADT has become such an important part of my life. The troupe is like a family to me far away from home. I love both art and dancing, so I am very happy that I’m given the opportunity to contribute back to AADT. With the rest of the board, we’ll do our best to make AADT ‘08-’09 a fun and rewarding experience for our fellow troupers!

AADT <3!!
Moonlit Wang, Design/IT Chair 2008-2009



Hi Alums!
I am a junior in Leverett House concentrating in Economics and completing a secondary field in mathematical sciences. I joined AADT last year during which I choreographed Mulan Returns and danced in Diana’s beautiful He Tang Yue Se. I admit that I had joined AADT with my mind fixated largely on the dancing and performing. I was almost taken aback by the community and love that is AADT. Now I’m more glad than ever that I decided to show up at that opening rehearsal. I’m pumped to be on the board, and I’m looking forward to another great year and another breathtaking EASTBOUND!

Love,
Anna Zhang, Treasurer/Costume Manager 2008-2009



Hi Alums!
My name is Danielle Lee, and I'm a sophomore in Kirkland House. Last year I joined AADT without any dance background , but with experience doing gymnastics from high school. I started in the troupe tentatively and hesitantly, but now I've grown to be a proud member of AADT. I discovered that I could actually dance, and developed many friendships along the way. I'm really excited to be secretary and I'm looking forward to an exciting new year!

Love,
Danielle Lee, Secretary 2008-2009



Hi Alums!
Having been Secretary/Treasurer and Co-Captain in previous years, I’ve certainly seen my share of AADT-love. Our fearless new leaders have been good enough to ask this senior to stick around for another year as Alumni Liaison, so in the coming months I look forward to meeting all of the alums and helping them stay connected with AADT, being used as manual labor for moving costumes, and seeing the board perpetuate the tradition of inopportune nudity jokes. Here’s to AADT ‘08-’09!

Love,
Diana Lu, Alumni Liaison 2008-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment