Sunday, March 8, 2009

ALUMNI CORNER: AADT Senior Dance



The end of May is always a time of mixed emotions. Relief, because final exams are over and we are finally free for the summer! Happiness, because we now have time to hang out with friends and celebrate the end of another year. Stress, because we realize that we are now left with just one day to pack and move everything into storage before we head home. Sadness, because we must temporarily say good-bye to our friends for the summer. But for the seniors left with a week of senior events and Commencement, all of these emotions are magnified about 10 times because this time we are given time to reflect upon our individual college journeys, reconnect with our fellow seniors, feel excited about the wide open future ahead of us, and say good-bye to fair Harvard one last time.

My college journey, despite being the stereotypical premed student was defined by AADT. Whether it was goofing off during rehearsals, feeling like a zoo animal while rehearsing in the Dunster squash courts, accidentally burning my fingers while refining the edges of pieces of cloth that could magically turn into beautiful costumes on stage, wondering where the hours went as I sat in front of my computer madly typing away AADT e-mails, bumping into AADTers at parties and collectively out-dancing everyone in the room with AADT cloud hands, gobbling down sandwiches together in between rehearsals, shaking my booty in front of a large audience of strangers for the first time while Tom Lowe was singing, listening for that moment of silence just before the audience breaks into applause milliseconds after the very last move in a piece, teaching, learning, and sharing dance moves with AADT, or feeling like a real dancer every EASTBOUND -these were some of my happiest moments in college that I will forever cherish.

Because AADT was such an important part of my college experience, I was ecstatic to have the opportunity to spend a part of my senior week rehearsing and performing with my wonderful fellow AADT seniors in the Senior Talent Show on May 29, 2008. I couldn’t have imagined a better way to end my full-time involvement with AADT than to perform on the stage of Sanders Theater to Wang Lee Hom’s Hua Tian Cuo alongside some of my favorite AADTers who have been there from the very beginning. To all of AADT and a special shout-out to AADT Seniors Class of 2008: Thank you for an unforgettable four years!

Eva Luo ‘08



CONGRATULATIONS SENIORS!
Cindy Cen
Madelyn Ho
Elsa Kim
Eva Luo
May Luo
Vicki Mach
Yangda Ou
Lisa Pao
Adam Sang
Timothy Schmidt
Stephanie Teng
Vivien Wu
Jennings Xu
Jimmy Zhao
Annetta Zhou

Our Four Years...


I liked it :) it was fun:) and I really liked the fact that we were all trying to figure things out together that's my favorite part about AADT.
-Annetta Zhou ‘08



"Participating in the AADT senior dance turned out to be one of the most memorable experiences of my senior year. I am truly thankful to have had the opportunity to alleviate EASTBOUND withdrawal, as well as bond with some awesome AADTers. I will do this again in a heartbeat!"
-Vicki Mach ‘08




Performing one last time with AADT was an amazing experience I will never forget! The last minute rehearsals, quality bonding time, stage lights and music, homemade safety pinned costumes, wild familiar audiences, dancing with beautiful AADTers, we sure pulled it off! It was the perfect ending to my time with AADT in college.
-May Luo ‘08




As an "AADT veteran" I didn't think I would be nervous, but I was almost hyperventilating when we left the green room and waited offstage at Sanders to perform for the Senior Talent Show! I was nervous because we had really only had 2 or 3 rehearsals before we performed...but then, it wouldn't be a Senior Talent Show if it hadn't been put together hastily between consecutive nights of heavy drinking and sleeping till noon ^_^ And it wouldn't have been an authentic AADT performance if our costumes had not been handmade with safety pins and rectangles of shiny cloth. Girls came up to us afterwards and said "Where did you get those tops? I want to buy one!" The AADT wardrobe never fails to impress :D
-Vivien Wu ‘08


No comments:

Post a Comment